Mon May 21, 2018 7:53 am

SEO 1 Forums > Directories >

Multiple listings

Author Thread
Mark-d
New Member

Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Good Posts: 2

Multiple listings  Reply with quote

I'm Already listed with dmoz as a fishing club website. I would like to add an area of my site (10 pages and growing) to the dmoz fishing bait section. Am I allowed to apply twice ? I also have a lot of info on fishing venues which would be useful but they dont appear to have a catagory for this. Will I be able to suggest a new catagory ?

Hi, I'm new to SEO 1.
Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:53 am
David Eaves
Senior Member

Joined: 14 Sep 2006
Good Posts: 349
Location: www.seoco.co.uk

I would like to help you out but I am no expert, I would give my right arm for a single link in Dmoz, I think that you might be being a bit greedy, count yourself lucky you are in it!

Owner of The SEO Company
Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:43 pm
fahmohd
Preferred Member

Joined: 05 Sep 2005

Dmoz does not seem to be accepting new site submissions
If you suggest a URL this is the message you get:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
We apologize for the inconvenience while we resolve technical problems. Please check back in a day or two.

Suggestions:
If you are an editor, please visit the editor forums to find out the status of the editing interface.
If you are submitting a site, updating a listing or applying to become an editor, please check back here regularly. If you have any questions about submitting sites or becoming an editor, please visit the public forums where members of the editing community are available to answer your questions.
If you want to report abuse or spam, please send feedback to staff@dmoz.org
Thank you for your patience!

- DMOZ Team

Online Store | Online Toy Store
Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:01 pm
snipergrunge
Senior Member

Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Good Posts: 218
Location: Boston, MA

fahmohd

DMOZ has some difficulties. They gave promice to fix it over weekends but it is already 2 weeks, so we have to wait.

Sergey Rusak website - find more about me, my websites, and posts.
My SEO company::
SEO and website promotion company
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:43 am
bermuda
Senior Member

Joined: 28 Apr 2006

I believe if they turn their policy and start accepting paid listings, not only their quality will be better, but thousands of online webmasters will be freed from waiting and hoping as well.

Last edited by bermuda on Sat May 10, 2008 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:25 pm
overdriveelectronics
Senior Member

Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Good Posts: 257
Location: US

DMOZ is a waste of hosting space. It is so filled with Spam now. You can just go through it and wonder how some of these sites got in there. I know its human edited, but corruptly edited should be the theme!

Discount Car Audio | Online Shopping | Free Online Dating
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:35 pm
fahmohd
Preferred Member

Joined: 05 Sep 2005

They still say "Please check back in a day or two."

I have been trying for many days to submit to some categories which have new editors- who may actually review new submissions

Online Store | Online Toy Store
Post Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:32 pm
vistadivine.com
Senior Member

Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Good Posts: 348
Location: India

Well having that much big site is not very big you are allowed to submit your site in other categories but only if you have a really big site and which is broadly divided in categories.

Akash
Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:32 am