Sun May 27, 2018 12:10 pm

SEO 1 Forums > Webmastering >

Keyword Benefit From Removing Content?

Author Thread
robertsmith
Preferred Member

Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Good Posts: 105

Keyword Benefit From Removing Content?  Reply with quote

I noticed I had some funny keywords showing up for my site. A little investigation showed that a page deep in the wiki was the source. It had been altered... or hacked... if you will. Apparently for some time according to the change log.

Long story, short, I removed the page, the wiki, sitemap entries for the wiki, put the now non-existent path in my robot.txt disallow. Etc.

Will these goofy keywords hurt me much and will my countermeasures work?

Thanks!

Gynecologist in Delhi | Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Delhi
Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:11 am
arvindwebmaster
Senior Member

Joined: 02 Apr 2009
Good Posts: 221
Location: New Delhi, India

I won't thing so. Those funny words should not affect the ranking of your website on the targeted keywords, but you should make sure they should not be related to the category of banned or hated keywords.

If they belongs to those category then you should be banned by search engine. If you are still in the search engine ranking with the targeted keywords then you should not worried for that.

PSD to XHTML | PSD to HTML
Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:52 am