Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:51 am

Member Websites 1

SEO 1 Forums > Search Engines >

Domain name optimisation

Joined: 01 Aug 2006
Good Posts: 384
Location: Ireland/Thailand

How old is the domain?

Of course if you have very strong content and in-bound support the page will rank.

The point is that multiple hyphens are going to trip a flag and your going to be looked at far more vigilantly.

IMHO of course :)

BTW welcome to the forum justtupeu

I offer & conversion optimisation consulting.
Car Hire Phuket
Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:15 pm
Preferred Member

Joined: 21 Nov 2006

Originally posted by SEOforGoogle
Update - I am sure you can find it by looking, but Matt Cutts of Google in one of his later blog postings has verified that having your keywords in the domain name helps - but stay away from the hyphenated domains - they are a traditional sign of site spam.

And since we're talking about domain names, always register your domain for 10 years - it's a trust factor that google looks for. They know that black hats buy domains for 1 or 2 years, so they figure that if you are a legit business, you'll cough up the lousy $70 to register a domain for 10 years.

Hmm, the first time I hear about purchasing the domain for 10 years but I certainly believe it because it does make sense. Do you know what they use to cross-verify the age of your domain or do they simply look at the earliest index of your websites content? It would be interesting to know because I highly doubt that they base their stats on WayBack Machines data.

Cheap Bluetooth Headsets and Car Kits
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:36 am
New Member

Joined: 27 Nov 2006

i agree with target keywords in your domain could help and using those keywords in your title. i've seen some sites where they use hypehns and even get to the first page. i think there is no definite pattern to get sites indexed. sometimes you just have to experiment. Cool

Hi, I'm new to SEO 1.
Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:52 am
Full Member

Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Good Posts: 83
Location: India

Yes, Google gives more preference in domain name keyword, if the domain is without the hyphen then its more weightage for Google. Even it helps to get good ranking in Google.

CBSE Model Papers | CBSE Sample Papers 2011 | CBSE X Maths Preparation
Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:11 am
Goto page Previous
1, 2