Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:53 am

Commodity Tips 1

SEO 1 Forums > Content >

How often should you

Author Thread
Techrecruit
New Member

Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Good Posts: 12
Location: Houston
How often should you  Reply with quote

How often should you change up the verbiage/content on a site to keep things fresh and keep the search engines loving you?

Hi, I'm new to SEO 1.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:43 pm
dburdon
Senior Member

Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Good Posts: 1216
Location: Kent, England
Changes  Reply with quote

Techrecruit,

I don't believe there's a golden rule. Change when necessary according to the nature of your site and market category. If you're at the top of the rankings be more careful. If you're not on the first page you can afford to experiment.

Simply Clicks | Travel Thinking | UK Search Blog
Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:03 am
RankSurge
Senior Member

Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Good Posts: 792
Location: Internet

I think it also depends on the nature of your site. If you are an ecommerce site, it makes sense that the copy would change along with the hot products of the moment.

If you are an informational site about a topic that doesn't get updated with any frequency, it may impact the rankings to continually play with the copy.

SEO Marketing SEO News Star Wars
Video Game Hall of Fame
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:10 pm
tork311
Senior Member

Joined: 07 Dec 2005
Good Posts: 484
Location: Houston

I have alot of static content and not changing it does not seem to matter either way.

Houston Colocation Online Server Backup
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:52 pm
spyrit
Full Member

Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Good Posts: 98
Location: Ro

i think that if you just add some content from time to time, not necesarily change the old one is enough to say "i am still taking care of my site. it's not getting old"...

Do you own a directory? List it here :Top directorys.
In need of manual directory submission?
Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:10 pm
guy
New Member

Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Good Posts: 10

content  Reply with quote

anyone got any info. on best site maps out there ?

Hi, I'm new to SEO 1.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:55 pm
guy
New Member

Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Good Posts: 10

site maps  Reply with quote

all info welcome . cheers ,

guy

Hi, I'm new to SEO 1.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:56 pm
tork311
Senior Member

Joined: 07 Dec 2005
Good Posts: 484
Location: Houston

try google, that help me find some good ones

Houston Colocation Online Server Backup
Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:23 am
justicewhite
Senior Member

Joined: 12 Aug 2005

quote:
Originally posted by spyrit
i think that if you just add some content from time to time, not necesarily change the old one is enough to say "i am still taking care of my site. it's not getting old"...

I would even go further and suggest updating the site frequently. In my experience the frequency of the site updates and the size of the site do make a difference in the SERPs.

Estate Agents Maidenhead | | Letting Agents Maidenhead
Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:48 am
iproperty123
Senior Member

Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Good Posts: 371
Location: Malaysia

I think there is not any big issue related to pronunciation. Even the content for the users should be important so that user read it agin n again.

Download High Quality Movies, Watch HD Movies Online, Watch Hollywood Movies
Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:43 am
jdk1970
New Member

Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Good Posts: 1

Careful  Reply with quote

I'd be careful not to change for the sake of change. It could hurt you in different ways. I'd concentrate on fresh content through a blog, maybe daily but even if it was updated three times a week, it gives frequent opportunities for search engine bots to crawl your site.

Hi, I'm new to SEO 1.
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:59 pm
Military Plaques
Contributing Member

Joined: 28 Feb 2011

It is important you can keep the update fequence, once a week or other, just keep to do it with steady frequence, if you're not on the first page you can afford to experiment, you can find the best way and schedule to update your site or blog.
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:14 am