Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:09 am

Commodity Tips 1

SEO 1 Forums > Content >

should I add 10 new pages to my site in a day or 1 a week?

Author Thread
jasonk1234
Full Member

Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Good Posts: 91

should I add 10 new pages to my site in a day or 1 a week?  Reply with quote

I have a bunch of new content I am going to add to my site. I have about 20 paes worth and I was wondering if there would be any benefit to adding one page a week instead of all at once?
will SEO be affected differently by either method?
Thanks for advice in advance.

warriors women and weapons
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:05 pm
nickberry
Senior Member

Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Good Posts: 244
Location: Ankeny, IA

That's a good question, honestly I'd add a bit at a time, maybe a new page every couple days, instead of waiting a whole week, especially if you're being indexed on a regular basis. Just remember to update your google sitemap each time you do post new content.

|Free Classified Ads| Free Advertising! | Steal this eBook!
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:54 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jasonk1234
Full Member

Joined: 11 Aug 2007

good advice nickberry. I always forget about my site map.
I think this is the way I will go, submit new page every second day. thanks for the input

warriors women and weapons
Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:58 pm
Cheers
Contributing Member

Joined: 03 Dec 2007
Good Posts: 46
Location: Lancaster, UK

I don't honestly think that it will make much difference to Google whichever way you want to do it. I would tend to add it gradually though (page every day or two) as you've suggested - frequently adding new content makes your site more 'live' and worth coming back to from both a search engine and user perspective. Dumping a truckload of content on at once also makes it more likely users aren't going to look at all of it.

Search engine optimisation | Conversion rate marketing | Bespoke software
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:22 am
bermuda
Senior Member

Joined: 28 Apr 2006

That really is an interesting point to consider. You know, there is no preferred way for adding contents but 2 or three times a week might be a good idea, waiting for a whole week to add a new page might make Googlebot a bit lazy. :)

Last edited by bermuda on Sat May 10, 2008 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:28 pm
justicewhite
Senior Member

Joined: 12 Aug 2005

Matt Cutts was implying that Google had some sort of a check for the frequency of posts on the blogs in one of his posts. I suspect this might apply to non-blog sites as well.

Estate Agents Maidenhead | | Letting Agents Maidenhead
Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:22 pm
seoimage
Full Member

Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Good Posts: 59
Location: NYC

Frequency is a good thing. In the past we would say - throw it all up. Nowadays, everything may be considered spam before it is considered good by the search engines so be careful of "too many" pages being added. In your case 20 is not an excessive number so it makes no difference.

With that in mind and the way that many of today's blogs generally average between 1 and 10 posts per day, getting the Search Engine to your site regularly is fine, but if you go static two weeks later and never update the content again for a month or 3, then it really makes no difference what you do today "as long as the content is good" it makes no difference, the pages will get more powerful with age and if properly linked.

Search Engine Optimization | NY SEO Company | SEO Design
Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:32 pm
RankSurge
Senior Member

Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Good Posts: 792
Location: Internet

Forget about the search engines for a moment. The question you need to ask is, of the 20 pages of content, how much is related to each other?

If all 20 pages surround the same topic, place them up together. If only 5 are the same topic and the other 15 are singular perspectives, upload the group together and the rest on some consistent pattern.

As mentioned before, Google looks at frequency of postings, but more importantly it looks at the content of what was posted - think of it as a glorified wikipedia listing (the grouped content) - and we all know Google loves Wiki.

SEO Marketing SEO News Star Wars
Video Game Hall of Fame
Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:21 pm
vistadivine.com
Senior Member

Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Good Posts: 348
Location: India

quote:
Originally posted by SEOforGoogle
Forget about the search engines for a moment. The question you need to ask is, of the 20 pages of content, how much is related to each other?

If all 20 pages surround the same topic, place them up together. If only 5 are the same topic and the other 15 are singular perspectives, upload the group together and the rest on some consistent pattern.

As mentioned before, Google looks at frequency of postings, but more importantly it looks at the content of what was posted - think of it as a glorified wikipedia listing (the grouped content) - and we all know Google loves Wiki.

Yes I agree, If you have heard that adding pages of content every day or week is favoured by the search engines then its correct but it depends on the quality and relevancy of the content also it doesn't matter how much you add every week but make sure that what you add is quality or not.

Akash
Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:11 am
frances
New Member

Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Good Posts: 4
Location: London

I also think it depends on the competition.

If you are competing in a sector where sites don't update much, then you really only need to update a bit more often than the others. Once a month might be fine.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:13 pm
jasonk1234
Full Member

Joined: 11 Aug 2007

great advice from all and SEO for google you really got me thinking with that last comment. I guess content is king. Every page I want to add is generally about music production but completely different sectors of music production.

warriors women and weapons
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:49 am
zero_digit
Member

Joined: 21 Jul 2007

you must submit it all at once, because it will time when SE index your pages, and it is better to do it at once.....and when it is index the result will be great...

Hi, I'm new to SEO 1.
Post Fri May 23, 2008 11:54 am
iproperty123
Senior Member

Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Good Posts: 371
Location: Malaysia

Dont fast too much. Always slow while doing this work.

Download High Quality Movies, Watch HD Movies Online, Watch Hollywood Movies
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:51 am
teacher appreciation gift
Full Member

Joined: 26 Feb 2011

That is right frequently adding new content makes your site more" live" and worth coming back to from both a search engine and user perspective.I also suggest you to add your new page a bit a time, but you must keep your frequency, it is ok that a new page per day or couple days, but don't let engine wait you so long. Then google engine will pay attention to your site.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:11 am