Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:08 am

Commodity Tips 1

SEO 1 Forums > SEM >

Putting keywords in Comment tags

Author Thread
seo1
Senior Member

Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Good Posts: 354
Location: India
Putting keywords in Comment tags  Reply with quote

Some of the webmasters say that it is good to put your main keywords in the comment tags. but some experts say that it does not matter as crawlers can not see them.

I want to know, what happens if I put my keywords in the comment tags.

Content Writing Services | Expert SEO Services
Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:00 pm
 View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
dburdon
Senior Member

Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Good Posts: 1216
Location: Kent, England
Comment tags  Reply with quote

SEO1,

using the comment tags [for keywords] could be considered spamming. Comments are comments regarding the maintenance of the web page code.

Simply Clicks | Travel Thinking | UK Search Blog

Last edited by dburdon on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:04 pm
krish
Full Member

Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Good Posts: 96
Location: India

Hi SEO1,
i think putting unrelevent keywords in comment tag is spamming if your post in relevant category you put your keywords in comment tag i think this is not spamming!!!

Website Designing India | SEO Services India |
E-commercs Solutions India
Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:49 pm
RankSurge
Senior Member

Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Good Posts: 792
Location: Internet

Putting your keywords in your comments worked back in the late 90's, but today are ignored by the mature search engines. Newer or antiquated search engines make pick up the phrases in the comments.

SEO Marketing SEO News Star Wars
Video Game Hall of Fame
Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:56 pm
guruananth
Full Member

Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Good Posts: 77
Location: Bangalore

Now Google bot is most upgraded version than previous one . It has now very complex algorithm.according to matt cutts comment on the Page is going to be a SPAM

Free SMS | SMS Service | Best SEO
Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:24 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seo1
Senior Member

Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Good Posts: 354
Location: India
Re: Comment tags  Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by dburdon
SEO1,

using the comment tags [for keywords] could be considered spamming. Comments are comments regarding the maintenance of the web page code.

Right dude,

I agree with you...
Thanks for nice info!!!

Content Writing Services | Expert SEO Services
Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:42 am
 View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
rajiwebstar
Full Member

Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Good Posts: 68
Location: On earth

Yes now Google has started to overlook content whichever one writes in comment tags..so it won't help now towards ranking.

Seo India
Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:42 pm
Methu09
Full Member

Joined: 05 Feb 2009

Thanks for this post....

I known something new..in link bomb removed - RankSurge
Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:14 pm
seoprofessional
Full Member

Joined: 26 Dec 2008

Hi

good point

thanks
Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:24 am
smith2009
Contributing Member

Joined: 16 Feb 2009

Hi,

can's say anything No
Because I have never done comment postings.

:)

No fake signatures - thanks
Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:25 pm
zero_digit
Member

Joined: 21 Jul 2007

yeah I think so, putting KWS on tags is a black hat approach, for my POV do some white approach..Mr. Green

Hi, I'm new to SEO 1.
Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:49 am
RichardD
Preferred Member

Joined: 18 Sep 2011

I think it is not a good idea of putting keywords in comment tags. It will can have bad impact on search engine ranking as you maybe declare as spammer and easily result in losing website ranking or ban of your website. Secondly i dont think it will help in improving the ranking on search engine...

iPhone 4, iPhone Problem
Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:34 am