Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Commodity Tips 1

SEO 1 Forums > SEO >

Cross Domain in SEO?

Author Thread
Jessica
Preferred Member

Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Good Posts: 170

Cross Domain in SEO?  Reply with quote

Hi all,
Cross Domain: A web-specific term that refers to a situation where content from one server interacts invisibly with another server that belongs to someone else.

What is the usage of cross domain in SEO?

Is it fall in duplicate content issue?

Please share your views here.

Thanks.

Proud to be a member of SEO1.
Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:19 am
cheersdial

Joined: 01 Feb 2012

good services
Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:04 am
sonu sing
Senior Member

Joined: 19 Jun 2010

the cross-domain rel=canonical. He pointed out that in some testing he had done the cross-domain rel=canonical looked even faster, even faster and more effective than a 301, which has been the traditional way that SEOs and content producers on the Web of all kinds have repointed content.

Tanisha Systems Review |
Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:33 am
Nile Hadwards
Contributing Member

Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Good Posts: 25

Re:  Reply with quote

Cross Domain is simply domain like normal except you control the links between sites and you want them to be relevant between each other, in order to words add value to the visitor of your website.

WebHostingMadness - Web Hosting Reviews and Coupons
Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:13 am
Jessica
Preferred Member

Joined: 26 Jul 2011

Hi all,
Thanks for sharing your views here. They will really a great help for others too.

I was just worried about duplicate content issue related with it, but I think it is providing backlinks which really add something to the website.

Proud to be a member of SEO1.
Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:21 am
ipsingapore
Full Member

Joined: 05 Feb 2012

I am confused between these cross domains, i will read about it and share more information along with you after reading all the information related to cross domains.
Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:29 am
marknel
Preferred Member

Joined: 23 Feb 2011

Reasons for Cross Domain Duplicate Content:

Company buys .com/.net/.org for their brand name and setup the same web content on all URLs
Moving to a new domain? make sure to 301 redirect from the old domain to the new URLs to establish the authority site

For more information on this..you can check this url-
http://www.seobesttips.com/google-news/cross-domain-url-google/

Acai berry | Acai
Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:53 am
Jessica
Preferred Member

Joined: 26 Jul 2011

quote:
Originally posted by marknel
Reasons for Cross Domain Duplicate Content:

Company buys .com/.net/.org for their brand name and setup the same web content on all URLs
Moving to a new domain? make sure to 301 redirect from the old domain to the new URLs to establish the authority site

For more information on this..you can check this url-
http://www.seobesttips.com/google-news/cross-domain-url-google/

Thanks Marknel!! You have provided a very useful link to read more about cross domain and its usage in SEO. I have gone through the article and got some interesting points.

Proud to be a member of SEO1.
Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:57 am
simion
Senior Member

Joined: 07 Nov 2012

Thanks for sharing the views about the topic. I really dont have any knowledge about it.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:31 am