Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:48 am

Member Websites 1

SEO 1 Forums > Webmastering >

HTML code for opening a link on a webpage

Author Thread
New Member

Joined: 30 May 2011
Good Posts: 9

HTML code for opening a link on a webpage  Reply with quote

Here's what I'm trying to do:
When I click on a link to a home page, I want to be able to go to the "About Me" page on the home page with just that one click. How do I do that?

No fake signatures, use your profile, thanks. ~ Sime
Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:46 am

Joined: 12 May 2011

If you want to go back a specific point on the homepage itself, rather than just the top of the homepage, then you will need to introduce a named anchor to the point at which you want people to land and point the HREF there.

Let me know if you need the code to do so.

Hope this helps.

Consumer Marketing
Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:38 am
Full Member

Joined: 08 Mar 2013

If the "About Me" part is on the home page himself, then you will have to define an anchor tag on the "About Me" part. For Example:

<a name="about_me" id="about_me">About Me</a> <!--the point where you would like the user to be directed-->
Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 am

Joined: 10 Jan 2014

You can use anchor tag for that.
Its syntax is <a href="your page">