SEO 1 Links

  SEO Blog
  SEO Forum

  Active Topics
  Register
  Memberlist
  FAQ
  Search




SEO Forums

  SEO Forum
  SEM Forum

  Directories
  Link Networks
  Mod Rewrite
  Content
  Revenue Networks

  Marketing
  Social Bookmarking
  Webmastering

  Google
  Yahoo
  MSN

  Search
  Engines

  Link Exchange



Welcome

Time Now:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:43 am

All times are GMT

Log in

Username:

Password:

 





 





Who is Online



Most users ever online in a day was 2917 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:43 pm
 



Member Websites

Free Sitewide Links
For Top Members





SEO 1 Forums > MSN >

Microsoft Financials Disappoint



Author Thread
dburdon
Senior Member


Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Good Posts: 1216
Location: Kent, England
Microsoft Financials Disappoint  Reply with quote  

Microsoft has just posted some disappointing financial figures for the last quarter. See:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/04/25/cnmicro125.xml

Even the Internet division came in at the low end of expectations. If I was a Yahoo shareholder , I'd take the Microsoft money now. Some of us were around in 2000 and saw the dot.com boom turn to bust in just a few months.


Simply Clicks | Travel Thinking | UK Search Blog
Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:01 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
justicewhite
Senior Member


Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Good Posts: 811

Re: Microsoft Financials Disappoint  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by dburdon
Microsoft has just posted some disappointing financial figures for the last quarter. See:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/04/25/cnmicro125.xml

Even the Internet division came in at the low end of expectations. If I was a Yahoo shareholder , I'd take the Microsoft money now. Some of us were around in 2000 and saw the dot.com boom turn to bust in just a few months.


Yeah, I am one of those who lost quite a bit of "virtual" money as I held on to my stock options far too long.

In light of Google's financial results (which you initially posted on this forum I think), it feels as though there is a similar trend caused by the recent financial troubles. People are seemingly holding on to their hard cash.


Estate Agents Maidenhead | | Letting Agents Maidenhead
Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:52 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nickberry
Senior Member


Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Good Posts: 244
Location: Ankeny, IA
 Reply with quote  

I don't see this as just a dot-com thing, this is a total economy issue. I live in West Texas, and I just paid 3:59 a gallon for gas, seriously I know to those of you in Europe, or on the US coasts that doesn't sound like alot, but it's still alot to me. Inflation, and just plain ol' price gouging by the oil companies, and OPEC are KILLING the economy everywhere. Don't expect to see any huge profits by any companies this quarter except the oil and gas industry....


|Free Classified Ads| Free Advertising! | Steal this eBook!
Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:09 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dburdon
Senior Member


Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Good Posts: 1216
Location: Kent, England
Gas versus Petrol  Reply with quote  

Nick,

how cheap!!!

In the UK right now unleaded petrol is 1.10 per litre. At current exchange rates of $1.975 = 1, and using 3.785 litres to the US gallon, we're paying $8.22 per gallon.

Food costs rising. Energy costs rising. Credit crunch. Housing slump. Government spending out of control.

If I was Jerry Yang I'd be biting Bill Gates' hand off. If I was Gates/Ballmer, I'd walk away and come back in 3 months time when Yahoo's organising a fire sale.


Simply Clicks | Travel Thinking | UK Search Blog
Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
justicewhite
Senior Member


Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Good Posts: 811

Re: Gas versus Petrol  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by dburdon
Nick,

how cheap!!!

In the UK right now unleaded petrol is 1.10 per litre. At current exchange rates of $1.975 = 1, and using 3.785 litres to the US gallon, we're paying $8.22 per gallon.

Food costs rising. Energy costs rising. Credit crunch. Housing slump. Government spending out of control.

If I was Jerry Yang I'd be biting Bill Gates' hand off. If I was Gates/Ballmer, I'd walk away and come back in 3 months time when Yahoo's organising a fire sale.


... and most of this money we pay is tax unlike U.S. :(


Estate Agents Maidenhead | | Letting Agents Maidenhead
Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:59 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nickberry
Senior Member


Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Good Posts: 244
Location: Ankeny, IA
 Reply with quote  

Oh I know gasoline is very high over in Europe and the UK. And quite a bit of our gasoline prices are taxes. I can't remember the exact amount. But these high gas prices are killing everyone. It's at the point to where I'm reconsidering sales, and getting back into a career I can do strictly from the house.


|Free Classified Ads| Free Advertising! | Steal this eBook!
Post Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LA-SEO
Contributing Member


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Good Posts: 36
Location: los angeles CA
 Reply with quote  

but in europe most places have a good public transportation system unlike well lets say here in los angeles and the distances are not to far to drive too around in town in europe.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:22 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
quetivity
Preferred Member


Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Good Posts: 156

 Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by nickberry
I don't see this as just a dot-com thing, this is a total economy issue. I live in West Texas, and I just paid 3:59 a gallon for gas, seriously I know to those of you in Europe, or on the US coasts that doesn't sound like alot, but it's still alot to me. Inflation, and just plain ol' price gouging by the oil companies, and OPEC are KILLING the economy everywhere. Don't expect to see any huge profits by any companies this quarter except the oil and gas industry....


Just checked this morning $4.29/gallon in the San Francisco Bay Area


Cheap Bluetooth Headsets and Car Kits
Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RankSurge
Senior Member


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Good Posts: 792
Location: Internet
 Reply with quote  

I think the nationwide gas tax is $.48 per gallon


SEO Marketing SEO News Star Wars
Video Game Hall of Fame
Post Thu May 01, 2008 7:01 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LA-SEO
Contributing Member


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Good Posts: 36
Location: los angeles CA
 Reply with quote  

microsoft is trying to compete with google in a market where they hve no chance at all so far, but the have the financial to back it up nd can afford to lose and loser again until maybe someday they get it right.
Post Sat May 03, 2008 11:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nickberry
Senior Member


Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Good Posts: 244
Location: Ankeny, IA
 Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by LA-SEO
microsoft is trying to compete with google in a market where they hve no chance at all so far, but the have the financial to back it up nd can afford to lose and loser again until maybe someday they get it right.


General Motors and Ford thought the same thing, as did the rest of the world, now look where they're at. Companies can't sit back and rest for one second in the new economy. Not even for a quarter. Especially in the search industry.


|Free Classified Ads| Free Advertising! | Steal this eBook!
Post Sun May 04, 2008 2:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Display posts from previous:      






SEO 1 © 2005-2015 - SEO 1 the SEO Forum